- As part of her 7th Anniversary/Christmas Eve Project, voice actor and singer Nao Toyama has revealed that she will be releasing a single every three months for the first time ever! These releases are based on the premise of Nao Toyama’s hit songs.
- The first release, “Shut Out My Lie,” is a dance music single that centers on dance, which is Nao Toyama’s strong strength. The lyrics vividly depict the emotions of people living in modern society, especially the sensations of disquiet that lurk in day-to-day existence, and express a sense of not knowing when one has lost their actual self.
- In the follow-up album, “Mayonaka no Kaiju” (Midnight Monster), Nao Toyama uses her voice—a vital tool in her profession—in a pop tune. She produces a chorus unlike anything she has ever done before by layering her voice several times. You won’t even realize you’re grooving because of the catchy melody created by the addictive beats and the bass and guitar’s harmonic interplay.
- In an attempt to make everyone smile, Nao Toyama’s third album, “(Abbr.) Fanfare for All Humanity,” is a musical “Congratulations” to all. Though it’s the smallest song she’s ever done, the title is the longest! Yusuke Yamada, best known for his work on Nao Toyama’s hit songs “Kimi to Boku no Symphony” and “Goodbye Moratorium,” wrote both the words and the composition.
- Don’t forget to put the 7th Anniversary Party “Live☆Pallet” on your calendar, which will honor Nao Toyama’s seventh year of singing. The venue, Ebisu Garden Hall, will host the event on February 12, 2024. Watch Nao Toyama closely for upcoming, fascinating changes!
Release Date: October 25, 2023
Title: Shut Out My Lie
Lyrics: Hitomi Sano
Composition: Umai Osushi/Hitomi Sano
Arrangement: Umai Osushi
Release Date: November 29, 2023
Title: Mayonaka no Kaiju
Composition/Arrangement: Pop Never Dies
Release Date: December 20, 2023
Title: It has been a long-standing tradition in my family that “any type of noodles will work for Toshikoshi soba.” Of course, you can also use tandan noodles, wonton noodles, or soki soba with menso. I’m late. My name is Toyama from Flying Dog.
Well, back to the topic, what exactly is this year’s New Year’s Eve soba? When I say that, there is always a big fuss over whether I want to eat this or that. If Toyama here says ramen, Toyama over there will say Neapolitan, and Toyama diagonally across the street will say Wanko Soba, and Toyama, three doors down, will say pho! It’s no secret that it’s a Hitly Only Lonely Family Meeting, but this is an annual event held on New Year’s Eve: a general election for all noodles. The winner of the prestigious 1st place after surviving a fierce battle was
Drururururururururururururu Dan! Yakisoba with bean paste.
I’m not very good at cooking, so I push myself to do my best, but don’t be surprised, I can still eat delicious food. Just when the ankake is about to be completed, the New Year’s Eve bell, which is meant to erase earthly desires, rings out, and with the ankake, a wish is made for good luck to the flying dog.
I know you’re saying “Wow”, but it’s auspicious, so there’s a fanfare! Fanfare for all humanity!
Lyrics/Composition: Yusuke Yamada
Arrangement: Souma Kanai
Nao Toyama Profile:
Birthday: March 11
Blood Type: A
Home Town: Tokyo
Hobbies: Singing, dancing, playing the electric organ
Nao Toyama made her voice acting debut in 2010. She attracted a lot of attention for her role as Kanon Nakagawa in the TV anime The World God Only Knows. After that, she went on to play characters in numerous popular works, such as Karen Kujo in Kin-iro Mosaic, Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi, Reina Prowler in MacrossΔ, and Rin Shima in Yuru CampΔ. She also belongs to popular groups Rhodanthe* and Walküre, both of which were born in anime, and has enthralled fans with her clear voice and flawless performances. On February 1, 2017, she made her debut as a singer with “True Destiny/Chain the world,” tie-up songs for the anime Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari, and on February 3, 2018, she held her first solo live at the Nippon Budokan. In 2019, she held her first solo tour and performed overseas in Taipei and Shanghai. In 2020, she celebrated her 10th anniversary as a voice actress by releasing her character song best album “Special Thanks,” which placed third on the Oricon Weekly Ranking. On December 5 and 6, she held a 10th anniversary concert titled “Special Thanks! Festival” at Tokyo Garden Theater, where she performed various theme songs and character songs from her voice acting career. The year 2022 marked the 5th anniversary of her singing debut, and five projects were planned to celebrate it. The first was her first official book, the second her birthday event, and the third the double tie-in single “Ano Hi no Kotoba/Growing.” Welcome to MY WONDERLAND, her first full album in three and a half years, was the fourth project for this event. And, as the fifth and final event, she successfully completed an album release tour.
YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/naobou_channel
X (formerly Twitter): twitter.com/naobou_official
LINE account ID: toyamanao
Her discography can be found on the FlyingDog website!